Battery System Mechanical Design Engineer
in-tech believes in and offers an outstanding work atmosphere, team spirit and a fun place to work. We always give our best performance. That is why we look for colleagues who share this enthusiasm with us and want to proceed full speed ahead together with us.
We are looking for an HV Battery System Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team in Shenyang. As a member of our Shenyang team, you will work with experienced engineers in automotive industry and will develop yourselves deep into this area.
- Create 3D and 2D drawing with CATIA for fixture design based on input and for RP part design based on input with respect of common design standards like GS, DIN etc.
- Organize the review for design together with validation colleagues to finalize design until final approval and release
- Create related documents, e.g. introduction presentation, BLA template, timeline, assembly working instruction based on 3D and 2D design, change management presentation before/after
- Handle procurement process of designed components according to the project requirements until PiH with final design approval of the fixtures: define specification, get quotation from supplier, create purchasing JIRA tickets, monitoring purchasing and manufacture process, etc.
- For 3D printing parts/parts from Jig shop, handle the communication with 3D printing department or Jig shop.
- Onsite support for assembly of fixture and assembly of HVB to fixture
- Create a uniform design for crash test fixture for existing and future HVBs
- Collect feedback from end-users and optimize the design correspondingly
- Providing project demands like timeline, costs
- Prepare and clarify test and validation timeline
- Organization of parts from supplier and plant
- Arrange transportation of parts inside plant to test location
- On-site preparation and operation for test (screw tighten, manually trimming, etc.)
- Record test data and photos
- Create summary report including details of test set-up, test procure, test result, etc.
- Bachelor above degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or related other majors / qualifications
- Automotive HV battery concepts and technology
- Functional understanding for hybrid functions and electric vehicles
- Mechanical design and FEM calculation skills as well as operation of related CAE tools (e.g. CATIA V5)
- Understanding of production data manage process as well as operation of related PDM tools (e.g. Teamcenter)
- Profound understanding of mechanical design, geometric integration and release processes
- Very good communication skills, team and customer orientation
- Analytic and working method, also during work under pressure, creativity and hands-on attitude
- Target oriented, pro-active, self-responsible and reliable working attitude
- Work experience of at least 3 years as equipment planner in automotive or R&D sector
- Experience in failure analysis and troubleshooting, especially for HV Batteries
- Chinese driving license (mandatory)
- Personal protective equipment to access production area, e.g. safety shoes, glass, etc.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office including but not limited to MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- English professional level, in written and spoken fluently (mandatory)
- Hands-on mentality and task solving orientated behavior
- Willingness to travel within Shenyang and Mainland China (if needed)
Apply with us
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, in-tech is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Please submit your complete documents (cover letter and resumé) online.